Honors & Awards:
Leadership & Service:
1. T. Zhan, Y. H. Lee, J. Xiong, G. Tan, K. Yin, J. Yang, S. Liu, and S. T. Wu, High-efficiency switchable optical elements for advanced head-up displays, J. SID 27(4), 223-231 (2019).
2. Y. Li, Y. Liu, S. Li, P. Zhou, T. Zhan, Q. Chen, Y. Su, and S. T. Wu, Single-exposure fabrication of tunable Pancharatnam-Berry devices using a dye-doped liquid crystal, Opt. Express 27(6), 9054-9060 (2019).
3. R. Chen, Y. H. Lee, T. Zhan, K. Yin, Z. An, and S. T. Wu, Multi-stimuli-responsive self-organized liquid crystal Bragg gratings, Adv. Opt. Mater. 7, 1900101 (2019).
4. (Review paper) Y. H. Lee, T. Zhan, and S. T. Wu, Prospects and challenges in augmented reality displays, Virtual Reality and Intelligence Hardware 1(1), 10-20 (2019).
5. (Invited paper) T. Zhan, Y. H. Lee, G. Tan, J. Xiong, K. Yin, F. Gou, J. Zou, N. Zhang, D. Zhao, J. Yang, S. Liu, and S. T. Wu, Pancharatnam-Berry optical elements for head-up and near-eye displays, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 36(5), D52-D65 (2019).
6. T. Zhan, J. Xiong, Y. H. Lee, R. Chen, and S. T. Wu, Fabrication of Pancharatnam-Berry phase optical elements with highly stable polarization holography, Opt. Express 27(3), 2632-2642 (2019).
7. T. Zhan, J. Xiong, Y. H. Lee, and S. T. Wu, Polarization-independent Pancharatnam-Berry phase lens system, Opt. Express 26(26), 35026-35033 (2018).
8. G. Tan, T. Zhan, Y. H. Lee, J. Xiong, and S. T. Wu, Polarization-multiplexed multi-plane display, Opt. Lett. 43(22), 5651-5654 (2018).
9. G. Tan, Y. H. Lee, T. Zhan, J. Yang, S. Liu, D. F. Zhao, and S. T. Wu, Foveated imaging for near-eye displays, Opt. Express 26(19), 25076-25085 (2018).
10. T. Zhan, Y. H. Lee, and S. T. Wu, High-resolution additive light field near-eye display by switchable PancharatnamBerry phase lenses, Opt. Express 26(4), 4863-4872 (2018).
11. Y. H. Lee, G. Tan, K. Yin, T. Zhan, and S. T. Wu, Compact see-through near-eye display with depth adaption, J. SID 26(2), 64-70 (2018).
12. (Review paper) Y. H. Lee, G. Tan, T. Zhan, Y. Weng, G. Liu, F. Gou, F. Peng, N.V. Tabiryan, S. Gauza, and S. T. Wu, Recent progress in Pancharatnam-Berry phase optical elements and the applications for virtual/augmented realities, Optical Data Processing and Storage 3, 79-88 (2017).
13. F. Gou, F. Peng, Q. Ru, Y. H. Lee, H. Chen, Z. He, T. Zhan, K. L. Vodopyanov, and S. T. Wu, Mid-wave infrared beam steering based on high-efficiency liquid crystal diffractive waveplates, Opt. Express 25(19), 22404-22410 (2017).
14. Y. H. Lee, T. Zhan, and S. T. Wu, Enhancing the resolution of a near-eye display with Pancharatnam−Berry phase deflector, Opt. Lett. 42(22), 4732-4735 (2017).
1. G. Tan, T. Zhan, Y. H. Lee, J. Xiong and S. T. Wu, Near-eye light field display with polarization multiplexing, Proc. SPIE 10942, Advances in Display Technologies IX 10942, 1094206 (Feb 2019, San Francisco, California).
2. R. Sampson, H. Liu, X. Su, B. Huang, J. C. A. Zacarias, T. Zhan, R. A. Correa and G. Li, Turbulence-resistant free-space communication using few-mode pre-amplifiers, Proc. SPIE 10947, Next-Generation Optical Communication: Components, Sub-Systems, and Systems VIII, 1094707 (Feb 2019, San Francisco, California).
3. (Distinguished Student Paper) Y.H. Lee, G. Tan, K. Yin, T. Zhan, and S.T. Wu, Compact See‐through Near‐eye Display with Depth Adaption, SID Symp. Digest 49(1), 1060-1063 (May 2018, Los Angeles, California).
4. T. Zhan, Y.H. Lee, and S.T. Wu, Doubling the Pixel Density of Near‐eye Displays, SID Symp. Digest 49(1), 13-16 (May 2018, Los Angeles, California).
1. Y. H. Lee, T. Zhan, G. Tan, F. Gou, F. Peng and S.T. Wu, Optical display system with enhanced resolution, methods and applications, US Patent 10,115,327 B1 (Oct. 30, 2018)
2. S. Chen, J. Li, T. Zhan, H. Gao, and Y. Pan, Dust devil simulation platform, CN Patent CN203837898U (May. 07, 2014)
Problems regarding this web site should be directed to Tao ZHAN. Last updated: 4/10/2019.