Jie Sun Ph. D. Student
University of Central Florida
D. candidate in
M. S. in Physics,
B. S. in Physics,
• Society for Information Display Distinguished Paper 2013
• IEEE Orlando Outstanding Graduate Student Award 2012
• IEEE Orlando Graduate Student Scholarship 2012
• Provost’s Graduate Fellowship, University of Central Florida, 2008-2009
• Distinguished Graduate Student Award, Nanjing University, 2008
• President of IEEE Photonics Society UCF Student Chapter, 08/2012-present
• Vice President of IEEE Photonics Society UCF Student Chapter, 08/2011-08/2012
• Treasure of Society for Information Display UCF Student Chapter, 08/2009-08/2010
1. (Review paper) J. Sun and S.T. Wu, “Recent advances in polymer network liquid crystal spatial light modulators,” J. Polymer Science: Polymer Physics (2014). DOI: 10.1002/polb.23391.
2. J. Sun, S. Xu, H. Ren, and S. T. Wu,“Reconfigurable ” Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 161106 (2013).
3. J. Sun, Y. Chen, and S. T. Wu, “Submillisecond-response and scattering-free infrared liquid crystal phase modulators,” Opt. Express 20, 20124-20129 (Aug. 27, 2012).
4. S. Xu, H. Ren, J. Sun, and S. T. Wu, “Polarization independent VOA based on dielectrically stretched liquid crystal droplet,” Opt. Express 20, 17059-17064 (July 16, 2012).
5. J. Sun, R. A. Ramsey, Y. Chen, and S. T. Wu, “Submillisecond-response sheared polymer network liquid crystals for display applications,” J. Display Technol. 8, 87 (Feb. 2012).
6. Y. Chen, J. Yan, J. Sun, S. T. Wu, X. Liang, S. H. Liu, P. J. Hsieh, K. L. Cheng, and J. W. Shiu, “A microsecond- response polymer-stabilized blue phase liquid crystal,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 201105 (Nov. 15, 2011).
7. Y. Li, Y. Chen, J. Sun, S. T. Wu, S. H. Liu, P. J. Hsieh, K. L. Cheng, and J. W. Shiu, “Dielectric dispersion on the Kerr constant of blue phase liquid crystals,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 181126 (Oct. 31, 2011).
8. Y. Chen, J. Sun, H. Xianyu, S. T. Wu, X. Liang, and H. Tang, “High birefringence fluoro-terphenyls for thin-cell-gap TFT-LCDs,” J. Display Technol. 7, 478-481 (Sept. 2011).
9. J. Sun, H. Xianyu, Y. Chen, and S. T. Wu, “Submillisecond-response polymer network liquid crystal phase modulators at 1.06-mm wavelength,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 021106 (July 11, 2011).
10. Y. Chen, H. Xianyu, J. Sun, P. Kula, R. Dabrowski, S. Tripathi, R. J. Twieg, and S. T. Wu, “Low absorption liquid crystals for mid-wave infrared applications,” Opt. Express 19, 10843-10848 (2011).
11. H. Xianyu, X. Liang, J. Sun, and S. T. Wu, “High performance dual frequency liquid crystal compounds and mixture for elevated temperature operation,” Liquid Crystals 37, 1493-1499 (2010).
12．J. Sun, H. Xianyu, S. Gauza, and S. T. Wu, "High birefringence phenyl tolane positive compounds for dual frequency liquid crystals", Liquid Crystals, 36, 1401 (2009).
13. Q. Song, S. Gauza, J. Sun, X. Liang and S. T. Wu, "Diluters' effects on high birefringence and low viscosity negative De terphenyl liquid crystals", Liquid Crystals, 36, 865 (2009).
14. J. Sun, C.J. Tang, P. Zhan, Z.L. Han, Z.S. Cao, and Z.L. Wang “Fabrication of centimeter-sized single-domain two-dimensional colloidal crystals in a wedge-shaped cell under capillary forces”, Langmuir 26, 7859 (2010).
15. Y.Y. Li, J. Sun, L. Wang, P. Zhan, Z.S. Cao, Z.L. Wang “Surface plasmon sensor with gold film deposited on two-dimensional colloidal crystals”, Appl. Phys. A 92, 291–294 (2008).
16. J. Sun, Y. Y. Li, H. Dong, P. Zhan, C. J. Tang, M.W. Zhu, Z.L. Wang “Fabrication and light transmission properties of monolayer square symmetric colloidal crystal via controlled convective self-assembly on one-dimensional grooves”, Advanced Materials, 20, 123 (2008).
17. M.W. Zhu, Y.M. Li, T. Meng, P. Zhan, J. Sun, J. Wu, Z.L. Wang, S.N. Zhu, and N.B. Ming “Controlled strain on a double-templated textured polymer film: a new approach to patterned surfaces with Bravais lattices and chains”, Langmuir 22, 7248 (2006).
18. P. Zhan, Z.L. Wang, H. Dong, J. Sun, J. Wu, H.-T. Wang, S.N. Zhu, N.B. Ming, and J. Zi “The anomalous infrared transmission of gold films on two-dimensional colloidal crystals”, Advanced Materials 18, 1612 (2006).
1. J. Sun, S. Xu, H.W. Ren and S.-T Wu, “Submillisecond-response polymer network liquid crystal cylindrical microlens array for 3D displays”, SID Symposium 2013, Vancouver (SID Distinguished Paper).
2. J. Sun, Y. Chen, and S.-T Wu, “Submillisecond-response IR spatial light modulators with polymer network liquid crystal”, Photonics West 2013, San Francisco (2013).
3. Y. Li, Y. Chen, J. Sun, S.-T Wu, S.-H. Liu, P.-J. Hsieh, K.-L.
Cheng, J.-W. Shiu, S.-I. Yamamoto, and Y. Haseba,
“Frequency effects on polymer-stabilized blue-phase liquid crystals”, SID Symposium 2012,
4. Y. Chen, J. Yan, J. Sun, S.-T. Wu, X. Liang, S.-H. Liu, P.-J. Hsieh K.-L. Cheng, and J.-W.
Shiu, “A microsecond-response blue phase liquid crystal
device”, SID Symposium 2012,