Honors & Awards:
06/2015 SID Student Travel Grant
Leadership & Service:
09/2015 – present President of IEEE Photonics Society UCF Student Chapter
09/2013 – 07/2015 Treasurer of Society of Information Display (SID) UCF Student Branch
1. J. Yuan, G. Tan, D. Xu, F. Peng, A. Lorenz, and S.T. Wu, “A low-voltage and submillisecond-response polymer-stabilized hyper-twisted nematic liquid crystal,” Opt. Mater. Express 5(6), 1399-1347 (June 1, 2015).
2. D. Xu, F. Peng, H. Chen, J. Yuan, S. -T. Wu, M. C. Li, S. L. Lee, and W. C. Tsai, “Image sticking in liquid crystal displays with lateral electric fields,” J. Appl. Phys. 116, 193102 (Nov. 21, 2014).
3. D. Xu, J. Yuan, M. Schadt and S. -T. Wu, “Blue phase liquid crystals stabilized by linear photo-polymerization,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 081114 (2014).
4. D. Xu, J. Yan, J. Yuan, F. Peng, Y. Chen and S.-T. Wu, “Electro-optic response of polymer-stabilized blue phase liquid crystals,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 011119 (2014)
5. F. Peng, Y. Chen, J. Yuan, H. Chen, S.-T. Wu, and Y. Haseba, “Low temperature and high frequency effects on polymer-stabilized blue phase liquid crystals with large dielectric anisotropy,” J. Mater. Chem. C.2, 3597-3601 (2014)
6. G. Huang, J. Sun, W. Feng, J. Yuan, Z. Wu, S. Sang, and Y. Zhang, “Observations of Autler-Townes spatial splitting of four-wave mixing image,” Applied Physics B, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 267-278, Apr. 2013
7. Z. Wang, Z. Zhao, P. Li, J. Yuan, H. Lan, H. Zheng, Y. Zhang, and Y. Zhang, “Observation of angle-modulated switch between enhancement and suppression of nonlinear optical processes,” Opt. Express, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 5654-5670, Mar. 2013
8. J. Yuan, W. Feng, P. Li, X. Zhang, Y. Zhang and Y. Zhang, “Controllable vacuum Rabi splitting and optical bistability of multi-wave -mixing signal inside a ring cavity,” Phys. Rev. A, Vol. 86, No. 6, pp. 063820, Dec. 2012
9. Y. Zhang, X. Yao, C. Yuan, P. Li, J. Yuan, W. Feng, S. Jia and Y. Zhang, “Controllable multi-wave mixing Talbot effect,” IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 2057-2065, Dec. 2012
1. J. Yuan, D. Xu and S. T. Wu, “An ultra-low voltage blue phase LCD for mobile applications,” SID Int. Symp. Digest 46, 1520- 1523 (San Jose, CA, 2015).
2. D. Xu, J. Yuan, M. Schadt and S. T. Wu, “High performance blue phase liquid crystal displays stabilized by linear photopolymers,” SID Int. Symp. Digest 46, 545-548 (San Jose, CA, 2015).
3. D. Xu, F. Peng, H. Chen, J. Yuan, S. T. Wu, M. C. Li, S. L. Lee and W. C. Tsai, “Image sticking reduction of fringe field switching LCDs,” SID Int. Symp. Digest 46, 939-742 (San Jose, CA, 2015)
4. (invited talk) D. Xu, J. Yuan, M. Schadt, J. Yan and S. T. Wu, “Stabilizing blue phase liquid crystals with linearly polarized UV light,” SPIE Photonics West (San Francisco, CA, 2015).
5. F. Peng, Y. Chen, J. Yuan, H. Chen, S. T. Wu, and Y. Haseba, “Low Temperature and High Frequency Effects on Blue Phase Liquid Crystals”, SID Int. Symp. Digest 45, 164-167 (San Diego, CA, 2014)
Badminton, Painting, Reading, Travel
Problems regarding this web site should be directed to Jiamin Yuan. Last updated: 9/06/2015.